Wednesday 26 March 2014

Long overdue birthday post

As promised, and long overdue, a post about my little girl’s 3rd birthday party.

We asked her for months what theme she would like and she was adamant that she wants a pink Minnie Mouse party.

Invites were designed by my talented husband and we were all counting the days to the party.

 
The morning of the party was a bit hectic as we had another party the morning, with Hayley’s party starting the afternoon.  I baked a cake the night before, and it was a huge flop so quickly had to put together some cupcakes early the Saturday morning, before rushing to the other party.

We had about 30 guests in total.  We did sweet packs for the kiddies and served set out burger rolls, patties, tomato, onion and lettuce with a burger sauce on the table and everyone could help them self to a homemade burger.

Hayley had such a blast.  She could not wait for the people to sing Happy Birthday and her little face was priceless when everyone was singing.  She then opened all her gifts and gave an excited little shriek for each one she opened.

She had such a nice day and it’s is such a different experience from her party a year ago.

On the Monday was her actual birthday.  I took a day’s leave, but she went to school in the morning so that I could finish some business.  I picked her up at school at 11 that morning.  She was asleep and they struggled to wake her up so I took her while sleeping, as I put her in the car she woke up and had the biggest smile ever when she realised I came to pick her up.

We then went to Milkylane where I bought her the Ice Cream of her choice.  She chose a waffle with Smarties, but ended up eating only the Smarties, so I had to finish the waffle and ice cream.

We then went home and spent some time playing with her toys, after which Hayley fell asleep and had the longest afternoon nap of her life.

It was so special to spend a birthday weekend with her, to be excited with her and to see celebrating of life through the eyes of a newly turned 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment