Tuesday 29 April 2014

An update and Easter Weekend Fun

We had such a wonderful time the last few weeks.

It was great having my parents here for a week and I enjoyed every moment with them.  At times I really struggle to adjust having my parents living so far away, but visits like these definitely makes up for them.  Hayley also loves having them here and she is so excited to spent time with them.

The past Easter Weekend we had our first Easter Egg Hunt. 

Me, DH and Hayley. 

First we told her that she needs to go have her afternoon nap, so that the Easter Bunny can come and visit.  She was just worried if the Easter Bunny is a Mommy Easter Bunny and we guaranteed her that she is.  I then went and took a divine afternoon nap with this little princess while DH went and hid all the eggs in the garden.  When she woke up we told her that while she was sleeping there was a Mommy Easter Bunny in the garden and she must go have a look if she can see anything different outside.  She really enjoyed looking for all the Easter Eggs and treats but I will let the photos tell the rest:
 
 

 Easter Sunday we then head over to the Bunny Park in Benoni, where we met up with my parents, who had left to visit my sister for a week, as well as my sister and her little family.  Hayley was so excited to see her cousin.  We started off the day with a little family picnic after which we took a long stroll around the Bunny Park giving the kids the change to feed all the animals.  We then went to the rides where we gave the kids a change to choose 2 rides each that they wanted to go on.  Hayley off course chose the marry-go-round, because of the horses, and the train.  We then stopped at the (real) horses on our way out, where Hayley really enjoyed herself, riding on all the horses.  I was amazed as it was her first time on a real horse, she had no end and just kept on riding.  We had such a mission getting her away from the horses.  Seems she is sharing in the same love for horses that her mother has.

It was my first time at the Bunny Park and I really enjoyed the outing there.  It is a nice little place in the rush of the city, especially considering that entrance is free.
 

Below is some recent photos taken of our little girl.  I am so in live with this little person.  She is so witty and loveable and I look forward to spend time with her every day.  I miss her at work and look forward to weekends to just spend time with her.

She is such a funny little girl and she lights up our little family and I am so blessed to be called her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment