Wednesday 1 January 2014

Our 13 week scan


Had our 13 week scan on Tuesday, 31 December 2013.

Baby is doing really well and doctor is very happy with everything.  Baby was kicking up a storm and waving his/her arms.  Our doctor joked and said that baby is having his/her own New Year’s celebration.  I still can’t believe there is a little person growing inside of me.

I am so glad that we are now finally approaching the 2nd trimester.  I am hoping that the tiredness and nausea will wear of soon and that I will get some energy back to actually clean my house, cook food and be a good mother and wife.  I feel so guilty for being so tired all the time lately.

Our next appointment is 28 January.  I will be 17 weeks then, so hopefully baby will play along so that we can find out the gender.  Hubby thinks boy, I think girl, but maybe only because I have a girl and can’t really imagine myself with a little boy.  Either way we will be happy as long as the baby is healthy and the pregnancy goes well.



We sat last night and made a short list of 5 girl and 5 boy names.  We did the same with our daughter after 12 weeks and when the gender was confirmed at 16 weeks I chose my favourite name from the list, this time around it will be hubby’s turn to choose his favourite name.

 

I am so excited and can’t wait.  Once we know the gender I am definitely going to the shops to buy a blue or pink outfit.

 

In my previous pregnancy I also did a pregnancy  checklist and I would like to do the same in this pregnancy, it helps to pass the time, although, this being my last pregnancy I really don’t want time to go to fast as I would like to enjoy each moment, even all the aches and pains:

 
My Pregnancy Checklist:
Enter the second trimester:
Find out the gender:
 
Name our baby:
 
Start to feel Movement:
 
Hubby to start feeling movement:
 
Enter the third trimester:
 
Go on maternity leave:
 
Have baby:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment