Tuesday 16 July 2013

All about Me...


My only resolution for 2013 was that this year will be all about me, what I want and what makes me happy.

 

My first big change was finding a new job.  A place where I could really be happy and be seen for what I am good at.  I managed to start at a new company in March 2013 and I’ve been really happy ever since.  I feel that it is important to have a career in a company you really are happy in.  You spend so much of your days at work and it really is the worst thing ever to be unhappy.

 

Secondly I wanted to change the way I feel about myself.  I’ve succeeded in doing effort almost daily with my hair and make-up.  Although I am know expert when it comes to this, it does make one feel pretty when you know you’ve done some effort with yourself.  The second part of completing this journey is to lose weight.  I’ve been very down in the dumps about my weight and I’ve been jumping around from one eating plan to the next.  Following the one diet to the next.  Losing a few kg’s just to pick them all up again.  Last month I officially reached the highest number on the scale ever.  I did not even weigh this much when I went in for my C-section with Hayley.  It was really an eye opener and I decided to join Weighless.  I officially joined them on 6 July 2013.  My goal is to lose about 22 kg and I am proud to say that so far so good.  I’ve lost 1.6 kg with my first weigh in and I’ve not felt this motivated in a very long time to succeed in something and I know that I will be at my goal within the next year. 

 

The only thing I still need to get motivation for is exercise.  I leave home before 6 in the morning and only return after 6 at night.  Traveling between 2 – 3 hours to and from work a day.  When I get home it is such a rush with cooking, packing lunches, sorting out Hayley and also getting some quality time with DH, but I suppose this all is just one big fat excuse and certainly something I need to get my mind around, but at least I’ve taken step one on my weight loss journey.   

 

I look forward to make this journey part of my blog, not only to record it and look back on days I feel like giving up, using my blog as a reminder of how far I’ve become, but also, hopefully to motivate and uplift someone else that needs it.

 

Below is some motivations I found browsing the net, wanted to share it on here as I plan on referring back to this on days I feel like I am ready to give up.

 

Chat again soon

 

xxx
 

 

 



 


 

2 comments:

  1. Dit klink na 'n goeie plan! Ek ken soveel mense wat so baie sukses al gehad het met die WL plan, jy gaan great doen! Sterkte!
    Ek hou van die motivation piccies! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baie dankie Jess.

    So far so good en ek geniet weighless. Die kg's vat net lank om te val maar ek kan beslis 'n verskil aan my klere sien.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete